Post Pregnancy body odor is real, It happened to me. I tried several different brands and even my husband deodorant did not work for me. I was super musty to the point where I kept baby wipes with me at all times. I’d have to clean my stinky Pitts several times a day to remain fresh and funk free. After pregnancy our bodies go through so much to return back to normal. We have to many hormones and toxins streaming through our bodies that it just throws everything off. I knew I had to find a solution.
I love all things Pinterest ❤️. So I decided to search for recipes to make my own deodorant. While searching for homemade deodorant recipes, I found out that the deodorants sold in stores are toxic. Like why is their aluminum in store bought deodorant? Why are there so many chemicals in my deodorant? I use to wonder why I’d get bumps and boils under my arms and know I know why. There have also been some links and concerns about Breast Cancer and Antiperspirants. I’ll share a link and let you read for yourself.
Lets hope back to Pinterest. I found so many natural and organic ways to make my own homemade deodorant. I was thrilled and super excited to get started. I got on my number one favorite website Amazon to order the necessary ingredients.
• Empty Deodorant containers or small mason jars -https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RPLJJ3?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
• 100 % Natural Essential Oils
• Arrowroot Powder Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot Starch / Flour, 16-ounce https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FTCE63G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5g9UAbVG0482N
• Unrefined Coconut oil
• Organic and Unrefined Shea Butter – Mary Tylor Naturals Organic Shea Butter 1 lb, Premium Grade Raw Shea Butter, Unrefined, Ivory From Ghana Africa, Amazing Skin Nourishment, Great for Eczema, Stretch Marks and Body Butters https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017RUI3AY?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
• Organic Coco Butter
The above listed materials is all I need to make my own deodorant.
While doing research I found many recipes some for sensitive skins and some for normal skin. That was important because I have sensitive skin and too much baking soda can irritate the skin. So I paid close attention to that. Everyone’s body is different and our Ph balance plays a huge role in this. So I found out I might have to detox ( just once ) my Pitts before I use my homemade deodorant. You would need to detox to rid your arms Pitts from all toxins, parabens, aluminum and other non-natural ingredients found in store bought deodorants. It is a simply process
• lemon or apple cider vinegar
• apply it to your underarms for a few minutes to eliminate toxins. I also researched bentonite clay as a natural detox but I never tried it.
SUPER SUPER EASY !
This is the recipe I use
I couldn’t believe it worked. I smelled great all day. I had no irritation, no residue, no stinky odor. Finally I smelled great all day. It’s been 4 months of using natural homemade deodorant and I will never turn back. My husband, in-laws, parents and siblings use it. I’ve gotten nothing but positive feedback from my family. I plan to have friends try it out next and who knows maybe I can sell it one day.
I also ventured into natural and organic lip balm making. It’s now a hobby and something I enjoy doing. I strive to live a healthier life style now. My next step is to lose about 50 pounds. Yes I said 50. I will be documenting my journey soon.
Please comment and let me know if you tried these recipes. If you have any other ideas for natural body/ hair products let me know
Below is my homemade Breast Milk soap I use on my kids